Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"How's your dad"

Omgoshhhhhh........... lol .............. I'm so excited to go back to work today! I missss my work peeps!! BUT... There's just one thing I'm not ready to talk about... I guess I go to work, so I can escape life for just a bit... As soon as I walk in the darn door... I'll be bombarded about "my parents" health questions/concerns/comments. I know, people are trained to be people and pretend to be genuine and authentic... However, that question is so invasive, so personal, so deep.

I haven't quite mastered the "how to" at answering that question, without coming across as a sarcastic a-hole.... I mean, "Courtney, how's your dad,"
"Geee GREAT, he's dying thanks for asking" lolsmh... I mean really what does one say?

It's really a hard time for me... What girl isn't crazy about her king dad... If I really really answered that question, honestly and truthfully, I'd be a MESS... mascara everywhere, losing eyelashes... Ain't nobody got time for that at work... lol 😏

I have to figure out how to politely and politically answer what has become to me such an insensitive question... If I can't be Courtney kind, wrapped in humility, I probably shouldn't answer it... lol...

Right question, wrong people.. Perhaps.