Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Anonymity

I'm really starting to think I was born in this decade by mistake. My heart is so heavy, after taking a moment to digest what really took place in Boston yesterday and the school shooting that happen a few months ago in CT. Then I started to think a little further... Nostalgia at its finest.

God. Wholesomeness. Love. Privacy. That's what's missing in this world. People will be quick to be the first person to post a "Pray for Boston" pic on Instagram, without REALLY praying for Boston not even once. When did everything become so "surface" in our world, so absolutely shallow? When did we actually began to miss the message? I'm talking about a society that has mistaken love for "likes" ...

Everyone wants to be the Shepard, no one wants to be in the flock. Everyone wants to be the cheif, no one wants to be the Indian, everyone wants to be the general, no one wants to be the soldier.
Assimilation has won, "group think" prevails in thoughts. No one wants to be an individual. Gosh, what happened to the wholesomeness of life, being an individual is beautiful.... Being a 1 of 1 is so rare these days, when the majority of society is now mass produced and comprised of duplicates with no identity and no value.


Everyone (my bad on all the ambiguous statements this morning) wants the lime light so bad, they crave for attention, they survive on likes.... My mom taught me, one should never want to be seen, but if by chance they are seen, not only is their presence felt, but their absents is missed. I didn't get that when I was little, I over stand it now.

Idk what needs to happen, but something has got to happen quick. Change will come, even if it's the "Son" through the clouds. I'm convinced only the Savior can save us.

I'm just a soulful girl trying to divvy out this soul food.

<3