Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Gods Work.


God picked the right nigga though, to teach about addiction
Years ago she should've been on homi' watch
So check the time out, just not on mommy's watch
Cause someone beat her ass for years, someone calmly watched
Na, stepdaddy beat her ass, mommy watched
I keep her closer than ever she always next to me
Bisexual, comfortable sexually
I’m talking more comfortable than she should ever be
Especially considered the fact she was molested three
Times, some things a picture doesn’t tell
Can’t be worth a thousand words or her pictures might yell
Ya’ll see a pretty face on Instagram
I see a girl that should be scarred, never lent a hand
There go God’s work again how’d he know I need that?
How the fuck did he pick her to walk me through a relapse?
Believe me, shorty I’ll kill for you if need be
And I need you much more than you would ever think you need me
What I do for you is tangible, shit that you could gain
You for me, not understandable, it's shit you can’t explain
Some folk don’t see the effect in that
Some say I’m using you, they’d be correct in that
But what for they’ll never know
It’s deeper than nude pics, it’s something I would never show

I figured like this...
You came to me at a pool party and I was two steps away from smoking on that wet
My logic say to me, you came as a stranger and I hold you dearer than most people I ever met in my entire life b
God’s work, not mine
You came younger and wiser, I'd have never known it
You don’t look your age
Younger and wiser when I was older and dumber
You came to me as nothing I'd have ever wanted
But everything I'd have ever needed, I swear to you its God's work, not mine

So you'll never be alone again
What's mine is yours, you won't be without a home again
And I know you from Miami, so you hate the cold
But you been through much colder than me and I'm much older
You just ride shotgun, let a nigga chauffeur
I'll cut the grass, you just look out for the cobras
We'll be just fine, God set these on our shoulders
I'll show you a man, you showed me I could stay sober
Let the world talk about every picture we post up
And we'll sleep well every night, cause they don't know us



(God's work
Talk to em
Sometimes you gotta stick around for the miracle
Gotta wait for the miracle to happen
God's work, not mine)